Our client, a manufacturing company in the Jackson, MI area, is looking for an Engineering Manager to join their team!
Summary: Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering project within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
1. Plan and formulate engineering program and organize project staff according to project requirements.
2. Assign project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
3. Develops and distributes an annual Customer Satisfaction survey and compiles and analyses customer satisfaction surveys, and combines the results with other customer data for compatible aspects of products and services.
4. Develop new business through customer contacts.
5. Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
6. Estimate cost for new projects including production piece prices and tooling.
7. Calculate pricing on prototype piece price and tooling costs, as well as costs for engineering changes to current production.
8. Interface with customer s purchasing department and project engineering.
9. Maintain and update pricing program.
10. Prepare all engineering quotes.
11. Issue new or revised blue prints to the Quality Manager to develop the PPAP documentation.
12. Responsible for selecting appropriate measuring and test equipment.
13. Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
14. Direct integration of technical activities and products.
15. Evaluate and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
16. Control expenditures within limitations of project budget.
17. Prepare interim and completion project reports.
18. Responsible for project management from cradle to grave.
19. Meet budget goals of department.
20. Interface with other departments to meet company goals.
21. Issue new or revised blue prints to the Quality manager to develop PPAP.
22. Facilitate team meetings.
23. Commits to the implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of Quality and Environmental Management systems.
24. Provide cost justification for expenditures.
25. Conduct bi-weekly Advance Quality Planning Meetings.
26. Responsible for identifying, indexing, accessing, filing, storage, and disposal of records within the department.
27. Complete a sign in sheet for Training.
28. Familiar with the handling, storage, and disposal of universal waste.
29. Adhering to the safe launch process.
30. Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including environmental and quality standards.
31. Responsible for selection of special characteristics.
32. Provide administrative support to the staff by maintaining effective employee development programs which include training, appraisal, feedback, education counseling and team building. Maintain accurate records of staff such as job descriptions, performance evaluations, training requirements, attendance/tardiness records.
33. Generate weekly reports to President on goals and activities.
34. Maintain highest quality of parts or processes.
35. MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES in accordance with the organization' s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
36. Performs capacity analysis.
37. Responsible for product design and development.
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor' s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university