Embedded Software Engineer
Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
* Demonstrates Core Values in daily interactions with internal and external customers.
* Interpret customer needs and translate into architectural and software design requirements.
* Conduct feature analysis, development, debugging, and validation of software for various 8-bit microcontrollers.
* Develop PCB based user interface applications for product configuration and diagnosis in the field.
* Coordinate, administer, and document in-house testing in support of software development.
* Participate in hardware design reviews and collaborate with hardware design engineers to provide alternative solutions.
* Train technical services and sales staff on operation of new product introductions.
* Ensure documentation of engineering work is complete and compliant with ISO requirements.
* Solve problems and implement change notices using corrective actions and engineering change requests.
* Read and follow SoundOff Signal Work Instructions.
* Perform job consistently and without excessive absenteeism or tardiness.
* Proficiency in C/C++, compilers, assembly, debuggers using Microchip, Freescale, and Atmel microcontrollers utilizing peripherals such as CAN, LIN, USB, I2C, SPI, and WiFi.
* Ability to test/debug software using oscilloscopes, multi-meters, debuggers, emulators/simulators, and logic analyzers.
* Experience with Object oriented and test-driven development concepts.
* Knowledge of VB.NET, Visual Basic, C#, RTOS, and Mobile application development with Apple or Android OS is a plus.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
* Specific knowledge of MRP/ERP systems a plus.