St Joseph, MI
Our client, a Global Leader in the Consumer Appliance Industry has an immediate opening for a Technician for a 9 Month + Contract. Our client offers results-driven people a place where they can make a difference – every day! You will also have the opportunity to work with other like-minded, self-directed and detail oriented Top Talents in an extremely collaborative and professional environment.
The lab technician will provide support and assistance to Sr. Product Managers and inspection technicians’ in the Regulatory Compliance Laboratory. In this position, you’ll work with field returned products, including material handling, digital photography, and data entry in the databases while expected to have the ability to work independently without supervision.
What You Will Do
Basic inspection tasks:
• Work with others, Learn the products and components with minimal supervision.
• Take good notes, ask good questions, move and uncrate products.
• Pre-inspection staging
• Consists of moving products from dock to lab, taking initial photos of product as received, photos of product unpackaged and model/serial labels. Discarding packaging material, re-locating product into inspection bay.
• Disassemble appliances and/or components as directed.
• Post-Inspection staging
• Consists of moving products from inspection bay back to dock/warehouse or scrapping appliances as necessary. Preparing warehouse labels etc. Preparing inspection bay for the next inspection.
• Re-assemble appliances and/or components.
• Utilize skills that enable you to:
• Electronically and manually record information, maintain accurate records, be organized.
• Digital photography
• Catalog condition of products as received
• Copy digital photos to document folders in the database
• Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities as needed
• Construct basic test fixtures as required
• Perform special assignments with minimal supervision
• Material handling (home appliances)
Education / Experience
• Industry certificate / certification in electrical or electronic.
• Systems and/or mechanical systems or equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of basic electricity. Individual must have basic mechanical aptitude.
• Proficiency with computer skills.
• 2-year Associates degree in mechanical or electrical or electronic or technology.
• Years of Experience in related fields: 3-5 minimum.
• Repairing home appliances or similar products.
• Experience in inspecting and identifying root cause to repair needs of mechanical or electrical systems such as appliance, heating and cooling systems etc.