Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
ESRI ArcGIS Operator
Grand Rapids, MI 49548 US
Our Client, a Public Utility that provides natural gas and electricity to the majority of Michigan's 10 million residents is seeking a talented and self-driven individual for needs serving in the role of GIS/CAD Operator.
The Technician, will be responsible for inputting Low Voltage Electric design work orders into a ESRI ArcGIS Operator. The position typically requires one or more years of working experience as a Technician, and perform a variety of complex tasks of a technical/scientific nature under general supervision. The experience is normally in the specialized ESRI ArcGIS Software. The task may include communicating with internal customers; interpreting design orders and records; interpreting electric work orders; Maintains confidentiality; May be required to maintain logs/spreadsheets, and other similar tech support. Willing and able to follow instruction, assist in training of co-workers, and cooperate with other employees and customers. Maintain work area in a clean orderly manner. Perform responsibilities in a manner that clearly shows effective communication and cooperation and that promotes an open exchange of information, respect, high ethical standards and professionalism.
Normal but flexible hours are from 7am to 3:30pm M-F. Overtime is a possibility.
- Working knowledge of ESRI ArchGIS software and concepts
- Proven ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Strong track record of managing multiple task/projects
- Strong track record with Windows XP or later, and the Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to meet deadlines and make independent decisions
- Self motivated
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Interest in learning new skills, systems and procedures
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrate the core values of professionalism- appropriate attire, etiquette, punctuality, organization and dedication to the job.
- SAP knowledge is a plus
- Interpreting as-built information coming from the field and using ESRI ArcGIS software to input electric distribution work orders into a GIS Mapping system as well as maintaining and improving existing data
- A qualified candidate should have proficiency in using ESRI ArcGIS software
An associate's degree in a related area and/or 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area