Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Lansing, MI 48917 US
- Provide safety training in areas including Safety, Fire Prevention, and Loss Control for all employees.
- Lead the Joint Health and Safety Committee, coordinating activities and accountability for identified issues.
- Conduct audits on equipment before and after entry into the facility, with periodic checks for compliance.
- Work closely with OSHA/MIOSHA, ADA, and Fire Codes to ensure legislative compliance and act as a liaison with OSHA representatives.
- Conduct routine workplace safety inspections and establish measurable standards for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with JHSC members to complete risk assessments for all positions and tasks within the facility.
- Develop and implement Machine Specific Lockout procedures in conjunction with the facility's maintenance groups.
- Create procedures and training programs for Confined Spaces within the facility.
- Coordinate random periodic drug testing program and annual hearing, pulmonary, and industrial hygiene testing.
- Develop and conduct training programs on current safety topics.
- Coordinate new employee pre-employment physicals and drug screens.
- Act as the lead point person for the security team, ensuring the safety and security of all individuals.
- Maintain all necessary documentation for OSHA and accident/incident rate reporting.
- Review and update Safety Manual annually.
- Coordinate the procurement of safety glasses and other PPE as required.
- Act as a liaison for janitorial staff, ensuring all cleaning needs are met.
- Minimum of two years of Safety experience, preferably in an Injection Molding and Painting facility.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Associate's Degree in a related field of study.
- Ability to perform work while sitting, standing, or walking a minimum of six (6) hours a day.
- Capability to lift up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motion for two (2) to four (4) hours a day.
- Ability to climb stairs is necessary.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.