Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Document Control Specialist
Saginaw, MI 48602 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our Client, a Public Utility that provides natural gas and electricity to the majority of Michigan's 10 million residents is seeking a talented and self-driven individual for needs serving in the role of Document Control Specialist.
THIS IS A VIRTUAL POSITION. THE CANDIDATES MUST BE MICHIGAN BASED AS THEY WILL BE REQUIRED TO TRAVEL TO DIFFERENT SITES FOR MEETINGS AS NEEDED.
- Responsible for receipt and distribution of engineering drawings and records associated with Gas Compression projects and plant modifications.
- Act as the subject matter expert for project document control/records management on assigned projects
- Manage assigned work and project files which include: drawings, specifications and other technical documents in both construction and final design stages that require processing and technical judgement.
- Ensure all technical documents, such as reports, drawings and other crucial project documents are collected and registered in the proper system of record.
- Perform advanced work in several areas of specialization/discipline that requires independent judgement.
- Interpret and analyze a wide variety of technical problems and issues on engineering drawings and construction project related documents.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks: participate in providing cross training to personnel at the sites, make confident decisions in support of the Projects and Plant to resolve daily issues as required.
- Provide weekly updates and/or progress reports to management upon request.
- Responsible for data entry and maintenance of drawings in ProjectWise which is used for tracking metadata and storage of engineering documents to assure configuration management.
- Communicate with Project Managers and Engineers to assure that support required is being provided.
- Update incoming vendor documents through ProjectWise Deliverables Management to assure the latest revisions of drawings and documents are available to all Site and Office personnel.
- Responsible for an administrative review of all drawings prior to issuing for record.
- Responsible for reviewing new drawing revisions prior transmitting issuing for record, issue new drawing numbers as follows:
- Check for adherence to our procedural requirements per standards & checklist
- Verify accuracy and completeness of documents
- Configuration Management (Revision Control)
- Active participant in project meetings
- Perform other duties assigned by Manager upon request.
- Background and experience in Document Control/Records Management and related Technical Support preferably with engineering
- Ability to manage and prioritize work successfully
- Ability to read drawings
- Strong communication skills - ability to report to levels up
- Attention to detail
- Experience with creating and using Microsoft products and other complex systems
- Previous use of ProjectWise or other Bentley and engineering software products
- Some College coursework in communication, drafting, computer science or a related field preferred.