Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Infrastructure Engineer - Jr.
Grand Rapids, MI 49525 US
- Under minimal supervision, responsible for research, design, installation, integration, support, and optimization of various technologies as a part of the information technology infrastructure and applications environment.
- Designs, implements, and maintains high-performing, highly available systems to meet the customers' functional and cost requirements, as defined by the overall system architecture specifications and in accordance with the service level and/or operation level agreements.
- Performs work on new project installations, system/infrastructure upgrades, and system/infrastructure performance management.
- Contributes to process and system support documentation. Competent to work with systems and infrastructure within a diverse technology portfolio, but at times requires guidance from others.
- Under minimal supervision, works with customer specifications and budgets to develop both critical and non-critical systems that are a part of the company's technology infrastructure.
- Provides technical risk assessment of system readiness for operational turnover. Researches emerging technologies, standards, and system trends that align with customer requirements and Information Services (IS) architectural standards related to assigned projects, support responsibilities, or strategic initiatives.
- Participates in project planning and execution, related to system architecture, design, integration, testing, and implementation. Analyzes system requirements and constraints to engineer technical solutions that meet the needs of the business, across multiple dimensions. Designs solutions that can be operationally implemented and supported within current organizational structures or defines new operational and support structures. As a project team member, responsible for assigned project tasks, as well as schedules, change control and project-related status reports. Coordinates work with team members, as required, to make sure all technical aspects of assigned projects.
- Participates in the operational support for assigned systems, including the creation of written support documentation, and facilitates knowledge transfer between teams and individuals involved in support.
- Responsible for the resolution of implementation and support issues, and collaborates with support teams to troubleshoot and resolve escalated Incidents and problems, using established IS procedures for problem and situation management. Participates in the creation of relevant technical and support documentation.
- Maintains knowledge of end user devices and integration with equipment, networking concepts (such as TCP\IP, WINS, DNS, DHCP), Windows Server and Desktop platforms, Enterprise Directories, storage subsystems and relational databases.
- Required Associate's Degree or equivalent
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years of experience typically gained through skills/knowledge/abilities Experience in systems engineering (designing, implementing and supporting system and infrastructure services), with exposure to the complete systems development lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, development, testing, implementation, support and service level measurement) Required