Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Montague, MI 49437 US
Our client in the Montague, MI area is looking for a sharp Electrical Controls Technician on all shifts for direct hire.
This position will involve:
- Perform repair and maintenance to equipment/robotics utilizing PLC interfaces.
- Participate in developing, designing, and problem-solving discussions relating to present and future test and assembly equipment installations.
- Observe machine operations to determine the nature of the operating problem.
- Use appropriate test instruments to diagnose and locate the reason for process issues/malfunction and make needed repairs.
- Replace, adjust, and calibrate components to bring assembly operations back into operating requirements.
- Maintain an electrical/electronic 'library' of resource material to support component and equipment procurement and expand test parameter development.
- Use computers and software for testing, collecting, analyzing, and storage of product test and assembly data.
- Repair and ensure calibration of testing and assembly equipment, including power supplies, computers, PLCs, function generators, counters, X-Y recorders, oscilloscopes, and wave analyzers.
- Initiate procurement, calibration, maintenance, and/or replacement of test instrumentation and equipment to ensure hardware in use is functioning optimally and backups defined are in place and functional to maintain test and assembly systems as required to meet our client and customer requirements.
- Maintain the product build and testing areas to ensure the lowest possible level of contaminants exist in a clean and presentable environment.
- Perform other related responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
- Associates degree in electronics technology preferred and/or 2-5 years experience in the following:
- Basic electricity, industrial controls, micro processors, programming/logic, electrical circuit troubleshooting, trigonometry, electrical schematics, ladder logic, AC/DC circuits, solid-state devices, electronic system troubleshooting, knowledge of basic DOS, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, mechanical aptitude, and motion controllers.