Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
* Work with cross-functional team to complete projects on time while meeting planned budget.
* Communicate with team members, management, and customers regarding job progress and identify potential issues.
* Understanding of programming languages.
* Practice and encourage safety-conscious design processes.
* Assist Controls team with tasks as needed.
* Develop bills of material as necessary.
* Design, implement and install machine controls and interfaces for automated equipment including but not limited to: safety systems, PLCs, HMIs, peripheral devices, MES systems, and PC based logic in conjunction with experienced Controls Engineers.
* Design electrical and pneumatic schematics with support.
* Design controls packages for small machines with support.
* Provide support as necessary on controls package design for medium and large machines.
* Design controls packages that are safe, accurate, and meet project scope,
* Ensure that equipment is designed and programmed to customer and design specifications using standard techniques.
* Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements.
* Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues.
* Travel to customer sites for installation, startup of equipment, and training.
* Bachelors of engineering in mechanical, electrical, computer or related field and 1+ years experience in an engineering/technician role dealing with automated equipment
* Basic proficiency in robotic integration, vision systems, and handshaking between various peripheral systems.
* Experience troubleshooting automated equipment involving hardware and software issues.
* PLC/ladder logic programming.
* CAD software.
* Electrical and pneumatic design.
* Troubleshooting automated equipment involving hardware and software issues.