Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Continuous Improvement Manager
Tampa, FL 33612 US
- Be a skilled communicator adept at business analysis and project planning and execution; an exceptional continuous improvement manager who either currently understands or will learn the Toyota Production System management methodologies and embody top leadership principles and styles in their management duties.
- Ability to embrace help from TSSC (Toyota Production System Support Center) and work jointly on improvements.
- Lead and mentor a continuous improvement staff and teams of various sizes providing direction and help as needed to meet commitments; monitor staff performance.
- Act as an active participant in the leadership team, assisting senior leaders and team leaders in the identification and elimination of waste; communicating ideas and opinions to the management team.
- Analyze company processes and procedures, investigating shortfalls, issues, and problems with current business processes, and developing process enhancement strategies.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to enhance productivity and staff satisfaction.
- Train, mentor, and guide team members on business process improvement and optimization.
- Role model the appropriate management behaviors (change leadership, communication, teamwork, mutual respect, etc.) required in developing and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Develop the team to include training and career development; manage the performance management process to include the development of team and individual goals; implement employee development plans; and coach the team.
- Minimum ten years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lean or Six Sigma certification
- Experience with Toyota Production System, preferred
- Proven experience working with and implementing Lean manufacturing principles: Value Stream Mapping, Visual Management, SMED, A3 problem solving, Kanban, Mistake-proofing, Standard Work, Kaizen, 5S, etc.
- Keen ability for identifying process improvements, and problems in organizational structures with a demonstrated history of identifying and implementing effective improvements
- A strategic and analytical mindset having excellent communication with top-notch presentation skills
- Leadership and mentoring skills with the proven ability to lead organizational change
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills
- Ability to facilitate a team to defined outcomes in a timely manner
- Ability to coach and provide feedback
- Project management skills (e.g. prioritize, plan, execute)
- Microsoft experience required, specifically in Excel and Project
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to obtain a Government security clearance, if necessary