Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Commercial Construction Manager
Grand Rapids, MI 49525 US
- Collaborate with engineering managers, operations managers, and manufacturing planners to determine facility requirements.
- Work as a key team member in the facility planning process.
- Direct and collaborate with general contractors, architects, engineers, and specialists.
- Develop estimates for total project cost and prepare budget documents for management review.
- Travel to industrial facilities and construction sites as needed for project oversight and control.
- Maintain and update processes, guidelines, and preconstruction documents.
- Establish a nationwide network by building relationships with reliable contractors and vendors.
- Efficiently respond to work delays, emergencies, and project disruptions.
- Secure contracts for all projects.
- Review contractor pay requests and track project budget compliance, including securing lien waivers and payment affidavits from sub-contractors.
- Assist legal and environmental compliance departments in preparing agency permit applications.
- Develop and maintain project record books in compliance with company standards.
- Prepare construction schedules and report on project progress.
- Apply cost analysis and value engineering principles to projects.
- Conduct and document quality assurance and safety inspections throughout the construction process.
- Generate various reports as required.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of construction experience
- 2 + years of experience managing greenfield and remodeling projects in the industrial market.
- 2+years of management/leadership experience overseeing direct reports
- Knowledge of construction methods, technologies, technical drawings, and contracts interpretation.
- Familiarity with building code requirements and scheduling methods.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently while maintaining a focus on quality.
- Professional certification such as CCM (Certified Construction Manager) or AC (Associate Constructor).
- Approximately 15%.
- 25-30% travel required during green field projects
- Construction Manager
- Project Manager - Construction
- Industrial Facility Manager
- Building Construction Director
- Certified Construction Manager
- Director of Construction