Impact Business Group is a leading staffing company, dedicated to connecting exceptional talent with top-notch companies. We are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Coatings Engineer on behalf of our esteemed client to join their team. The Coatings Engineer will play a vital role in evaluating requirements, making recommendations, and managing continuous improvement projects related to the enamel coating process.
The Coatings Engineer will be responsible for evaluating requirements, making recommendations, and managing continuous improvement projects related to the enamel coating process.
- Ensure quality goals set for the enameling process are meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Lead continuous improvement projects related to the enameling process.
- Drive high impact process and quality improvement projects, resulting in significant reduction in defects and increased productivity.
- Identify and reduce product quality issues caused by process variation.
- Drive Coatings Process Improvements / Cycle Reduction initiatives and enhance productivity through process changes or improvements.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Design team to evaluate new product designs, improvement initiatives, and future applications.
- Manage projects surrounding coatings technology and process development.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and coatings technical contact for manufacturing partners, both internal and external.
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment.
- Support EHS (Environment, Health, and Safety) projects in the cell and ensure processes contribute to a safe work environment.
- Support the quality function through integration of ISO/QC documentation and Manufacturing methods Instructions.
- Assess, recommend, and implement automation and capital improvements.
- Provide work direction and technical expertise to lab personnel.