Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Civil Engineer - Gas Metering and Regulation
Hamilton, MI 49419 US
Our Client, a Public Utility that provides natural gas and electricity to the majority of Michigan's 10 million residents is seeking a talented and self-driven individual for needs serving in the role of Electrical Project Engineer.
This individual will reside in the civil engineering group and support capital upgrade projects for the Metering, Regulation and Controls department which mostly supports city gate, regulator station and gas analysis building projects. The project team consists of a multidiscipline group of project engineers, project managers, operations and others to support projects.
The Civil Engineer will be involved in several projects and to varying degrees of involvement. The role will be to (1) Identify/scope the civil engineering design and construction scope necessary to complete the project (2) contract engineering services necessary to complete the scope (3) provide engineering review and technical leadership (4) assist the Project Manager in contracting construction services to complete the scope of work (5) complete closeout activities (record drawings, test records, etc.)
The Civil Engineer will be expected to regularly provide project updates to their supervisor including project status and risks to scope, quality, cost and schedule.
The Civil Engineer must be able to tolerate a heavy industrial environment. Natural gas facilities present many loud, hot, and oily locations. The Civil Engineer should able to climb stairs and/or fixed ladders to elevated platforms, able to enter/crawl-into small/tight spaces (access hatches), and be able to walk a rough construction grade as required.
The Civil Engineer will be required to travel to to construction projects on average 3 days per week and as much as 5 days a week. Typical reasons for site visits include: pre-engineering kick off, pre-bid walk downs, pre-construction reviews, construction milestones, answering construction questions, construction quality inspections, requested regular site visits, and red-line walk downs
- Bachelor's Engineering degree from an ABET accredited program in Civil Engineering
- Working knowledge in civil design. Relevant topics could include site design, stormwater management, pre-engineered metal building design, foundation design, storage tank design, environmental permitting (wetlands, soil erosion, culverts, etc.). Design experience in one of the above topics is preferred.
- Experience coordinating and developing contract documents, specifically engineering drawings and technical specifications for both consulting and construction services
- Working knowledge of Civil/Structural codes, including, but not limited to: IBC/MBC, AISC Steel Construction Manual, ACI 318, AWS D1.1, and ASCE 7.
- Ability to work safely,
- Ability to work independently
- Communication of project status and risks,
- Engineering leadership and
- Problem solving.