An iMPact Business Group client in the Financial Services industry is seeking to hire a Symitar Programmer.
This firm is growing and is routinely adding staff to their Software Development team.
This firm currently allows their Development team to work remote, ideal Candidates reside within a commutable distance to Grand Rapids, MI when periodic on-site meetings are needed.
This position will provide ongoing support for existing Symitar applications and develop new Symitar-based solutions. This team also does participate in .Net Application Development work as well, so there may be opportunities for other project work if a Candidate also has .Net experience along with Symitar PowerOn programming experience.
If you don't know what Symitar is, then this role is NOT for you.
- Designs, develops and maintains applications in PowerOn that automate Symitar postings and that integrate with Symitar and other third party systems.
- Develop jobs that manage the generation and processing of data files to/from the financial core system.
- Consults with business partners to define requirements for new or changing business needs. Researches options and designs and programs efficient solutions.
- Designs, codes, tests, documents and implements automated solutions that meet business needs.
- Prepares program and system integration test data, analyzes test results, and specifies data control procedures for modified and enhanced programs.
- Conducts research to resolve programming or data quality issues. Works independently or with other staff to solve data-related challenges and explore solutions for improvements. Escalates issues as needed to ensure that issues are addressed early in the process.
- Projects in this role are full SDLC roles working in an Agile environment.
- Teamwork, collaboration, and the ability to work in a self-directed manner are key for this firm.
Candidates must be open to a work day that is based on the Eastern time zone.