Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
* Programs 2-axis NC tool-paths when required, and operate multiple CNC milling machines.
* Studies and follows blueprints of parts, die, mold, and computes specifications for production.
* Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock to lay out for machining.
* Inspects visually all dies, molds and prototypes for standard quality conformance.
* Consults with CAD/CAM designer/programmer to determine design, quality standards, and customer expectations as necessary.
* Makes recommendations to CNC/CAM programmer on how to program tool-path strategies for the most efficient and cost effective way to process a tool along with maximize cutter utilization.
* Sets up and operates machines such as lathe, grinder, sand blaster, band saw, drill, manual mill, sample-maker, jig saw, and assorted hand tools.
* Records and maintains accurate time logs and other department documents as necessary.
* Actively participates in work teams and in the company and departmental continuous improvement process
* Monitors, assists, and mentors machine trainees or back-ups.
* Reads measurements using precision tools.
* Operates computer system utilizing MS-DOS and other Windows based operating systems.
* Make program edits at machines that do not require extensive CAD/CAM editing or changes in design.
* Make program edits to speeds and feeds for efficient production running.
* Write edit sheets of CAD/CAM programmers to correct program errors or suggested changes.
* Does preventative maintenance on machines as needed and notifies CNC Machinist
* Lead or Die Shop Manager when technical service is needed.
* Maintain accurate tooling inventory of all cutters and drills etc. For Die Shop machines including tool life.
* Maintains a neat and orderly department implementing good housekeeping practices on a daily basis.
* Report all food safety and quality problems when found to a supervisor