Florida, Tampa-St. Petersburg-Cl
Buyer / Planner - Tampa/Largo
The Buyer is responsible for procurement of fabricated and machined metal, plastic and die cast parts, working from requisitions to cover items and quantities required. This position will blend strategic thinking with tactical day to day responsibilities: material planning including determining ordering or rescheduling needs, and issuing purchase orders, expediting purchase orders, negotiating new item prices, preparing various reports and records, and help resolving quality problems.
* Active inventory management by determining appropriate stock levels to ensure high service levels and optimized inventory levels.
* Analyzing of MRP data to react to changing material requirements (quantity, requested availability dates). Delay or expedite deliveries if necessary.
* Place purchase orders for direct and indirect materials, based on system generated and manual requisitions
* Maintenance of vendor acknowledgements to ensure up-to-date material availability information in ERP system
* Pro-active management of past due purchase order lines
* Track supply and stock situation; take corrective actions if necessary, and provide suitable information to internal customers
* Maintain material master data related to purchasing to ensure compliance of lead times, MOQ, Rounding values etc.
* Coordinates with Accounting Department to correct any discrepancies in documents or to supply necessary documents needed for invoicing, standard costs, purchase price variances, tooling etc.
* Analyze future demand trends in cooperation with Sales and Service or other involved functions
* Create an effective and business focused working relationship with key internal customers; Sales, Service, Warehouse and Engineering built on good communication and shared ambition
* Work with teams members for new product introductions, and product phase-out activities.
* Assist when necessary with generating documents to support shipments from the warehouses to the customers.
* Track shipments in route from China to the US.
* Exposure within a technical engineering environment, especially Engineered-to-order, is desirable.
* Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the suppliers/customers and co-workers, including maintaining positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness.
* Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills to produce accurate, professional and error-free documents and present information and train personnel at all levels.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software and some in depth exposure to MRP