Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
Business Operations Administrative Assistant
Zeeland, MI 49464 US
Our Client, a Public Utility that provides natural gas and electricity to the majority of Michigan's 10 million residents is seeking a talented and self-driven individual for needs serving in the role of Administrative Assistant.
Responsible for providing administrative support within Business Operations for the Zeeland Generating Station. The Administrative Assistant may be working at our clients Zeeland Generating Station
- The efficient operation of the administrative and clerical activities at the facility.
- Perform all payroll activities, finalization, and issuance of purchase orders and assist Plant Manager in accounting/invoicing activities.
- Maintaining high professional, personnel and equipment safety and environmental consciousness and compliance standards and practices.
- Perform some human resource activities such as personnel action form activities, maintaining detailed knowledge of company benefits and assisting plant personnel in resolving problems, maintaining personnel records , etc.
- Make travel arrangements for all Plant personnel as required.
- The selection, administration, and oversight of those contractors which support the plant's administrative activities. Examples include: Office equipment maintenance, uniform maintenance, temporary office/clerical help, .
- Maintaining the plant's administrative filing and record keeping system.
- Assist in developing and defining plant policies and procedures.
- Assist the Plant Manager in annual budget for office administration functions.
- Perform other independent or team tasks as may be assigned such as receptionist, tour guide, and general facility preservation, etc.
We are willing to train the skilled candidate on the job.
Outlook email system
Attitude and aptitude to learn new skills and perform new responsibilities
SAP Front/Back Office
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Experience Required: 0 to 1 year's work experience, this is an entry level position.
-Some work experience in an administrative or clerical role
-Experience with SAP would be an asset
-Strong customer service background
Education Required: High School degree or equivalent
Education Preferred: Some college
- May require lifting and/or carrying heavy loads (Approx. 5-35lbs)
- May require travel
- May require overtime