Assembly Process Engineer
Michigan, Lansing-East Lansing
Great Opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer
Direct Hire - Lansing, MI
* Continuously improve processes in assigned work area utilizing lean manufacturing techniques to improve labor efficiencies and quality.
* Assist in launching new programs by developing process flows, cell layouts, component flows, estimating cycle times and labor requirements, and tracking builds prior to SORP
* Coordinate with APQP and Product Engineers on new program launches. Identify ease of Assembly issues in advance of program launch in an effort to drive CI prior to SORP.
* Assist in developing Standard Worksheets, FMEAs and Control Plans pertaining to initiated process changes
* Lead in all Lean Kaizen Events
* Assist in investigating customer and internal quality issues and implement corrective action plans to improve our products and processes.
* Interact daily with Production Team members to understand the process and any issues the team is having with the Process
* Maintain Process Open Issues list; work with Production Teams to ensure Open Issues are closed in a timely manner.
* Assist in communicating and training all Quality Technicians, Team Leaders, and Team Members on initiated process changes.
* Implement error-proofing systems to eliminate the possibility for assembly errors (poke-yokes).
* Review new technologies, benchmarking them against other Magna divisions, as well as other manufacturing facilities to determine their relevance.
* Review Ergonomics concerns within current and future processes and equipment
* Bachelor' s Degree Required