Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
This position is responsible for advancing our brand by producing groundbreaking creativity across customer touch points, in-store, online and offline. The Ad Designer is primarily accountable for development of creative execution of the advertising print and digital circulars. In addition they utilize a creative brief, to produce original ideas and art to capture customer attention through a variety of media, including but not limited to in-store signage, print, outdoor and digital.
The duties of a Designer Ad will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Successfully integrates original creative ideas design concepts across different types of media to build cohesive campaigns
- Conceptualizes customer communication ideas and bring them to life through partnering with art directors, copywriters, photography, project management and production staff
- Performs well under pressure, managing multiple projects of varying complexity against daily deadlines
- Ability to negotiate change requests with merchant teams that need modifying to overall design while insuring design remains to be customer friendly and within our brand standards
- Effectively presents creative concepts to large audiences, listening and adapting concepts to audience feedback
- Activates our brand purpose and applies brand style guide to all assignments
- Bachelor' s degree required in related field.
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design/advertising.
- Understanding of and experience in corporate branding, including understanding objectives, defining tone, layout, color theory and typography in signage, print and digital media
- Fluency in current graphic design practices software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Pro-active self-starter with ability to be both a conceptual and conscientious creative-thinker
- Excellent communication and time management skills within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to multi-task on many projects across business types with both high and low levels of art direction
- Awareness of design trends and natural talent to adapt them to customer-facing graphic design