Find Your Next Opportunity
Direct Hire, Contract, Contract to Hire
- Start your job search below
- Filter by Location, Remote Jobs, Keywords, and more. Save your keyword searches for automated notifications when new jobs are added.
2nd Shift Data Center Operator
Byron Center, MI 49315 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
- Keep track of job flows activities and react to any problems/events
- Monitor the different processing platforms that pass data/files to other systems and make sure the job finishes to completion
- Follow existing workflows for existing jobs
- Network responsibilities daily 20%
- There will be less of this type of work on 2nd shift (password resets etc.)
- More batch type of jobs to monitor
- Monitor computer system jobs across various IT platform servers/operating systems including both on-site and remote data centers, and monitor data center environments, network availability, reports, data processing, etc. for errors and issues.
- Operate a computer and related peripheral equipment to process and initiate run schedules and production job processing in a timely and accurate manner and process inbound company orders and outgoing shipping notifications.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues; escalate issues or network outages to appropriate IT areas or supervisor as necessary and ensure accurate and timely documentation of the issues and the resolution.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed as assigned for this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements; additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor's or associate degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 1-2 years Computer Operations or related computer experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good organization, prioritization, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Must be Proficient in MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, etc.). Ability to work a varying schedule (i.e., different shifts and/or days) based on department projects/needs.
- Experience with wide area network (WAN) a plus.
- Experience with a wide variety of software and/or hardware products such as Mainframe Operation Systems, Control-M, SolarWinds, Enterprise Server Operations; printers; scanners, etc.