Tool Design Engineer
Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
* Reviews work order and procedural manuals to determine critical dimensions of design.
* Operates Solidworks design tooling.
* Consults with sales or engineers to determine design, quality standards, and customer expectations as necessary.
* Confers with sales, cost estimating, engineering and other design staff to determine design modifications and enters editing information into computer.
* Provides consulting to the customer, sales, cost estimating and engineering departments to create design.
* Keys in specified information to produce graphic representation (hard copy) of design for review and approval by sales, engineering and other design staff.
* Completes special projects as assigned.
* Designs and builds new machinery and tooling to provide higher levels of efficiency and quality.
* Maintains good file management and documentation of programs.
* Archives/backs-up all programs and other pertinent information related to a job upon completion.
* Mentors and assists co-workers.
* Designs new vacuum molds for blister forming and sealing machine tooling for contract packaging.
* Designs new vacuum mold and trim dies for in-mold
* Programs CAM toolpath as needed
* Draws, studies, and follows blueprints of product and die or mold, and computes specifications.
* Plans sequence of operations, visualizing shape of die or mold in reverse of product.
* Determines appropriate quantity, size and type of raw materials per job.
* Records and maintains accurate time logs and other department documents as necessary.
* Operates computer system utilizing MS Windows and MS Office.
* Shares responsibility with team/department members for quality of outputs by inspecting dies, molds, and prototypes for standard quality conformance.
* Maintains neat and orderly department implementing good housekeeping skills.
Actively participates in work teams and in the company and departmental continuous improvement process.
* Works under the Shared Values Operating System.
* Report all food safety and quality problems when found to a supervisor