Technical Administrative Specialist
Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
Our Client, a Public Utility that provides natural gas and electricity to the majority of Michigan s 10 million residents is seeking a talented and self-driven individual for needs serving in the role of Technical Administrative Specialist.
* Performs Electric Scheduling functions and more complex tasks including establishing workload and organizing and conducting assignments according to deadlines.
* Monitor workload / available resources and make appropriate adjustments as necessary
* Provides backup department support.
* Prepares reports and material as directed from time to time.
* Maintains confidentiality.
* Performs procedures for scheduling and actions including records, tracking of information, maintaining logs/spreadsheet, and other similar support
* Under general direction, prepares special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other areas of the Company, etc.
* Ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to appropriate staff members; ensures that information is furnished in a timely manner; decides whether a higher authority should be notified of important or emergency matters.
* Periodically evaluates process and program effectiveness and takes action to maintain continuous improvement.
* Follows all safety rules and procedures, and contributes to the safety of co-workers and the general public.
* Participates as an active scheduling team member by contributing to program development and organization planning.
* Operate a computer terminal and utilize necessary software applications
* Willing and able to follow instruction, assist in training of co-workers, and cooperate with other employees and customers.
* Performs responsibilities in a manner that clearly shows effective communication and cooperation and that promotes open exchange of information, respect, high ethical standards and professionalism.
* Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
* SAP or similar work management system experience preferred
* Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to interact with internal and external clients to receive information and data.
* Knowledge and/or experience in department practices and procedures.
* Ability to solve a range of basic problems
* Communication skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent
Strong knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word PowerPoint
SAP experience a Plus