Senior Manufacturing Engineer
CONTRACT THRU 9/27/19 $35-45/hr
Position reports to the Manager of Manufacturing Engineering and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and document processes using equipment, tooling, and material handling (Internal and Purchased).
- Perform CNC programming; new program development as well as program maintenance using Mastercam and M & G codes.
- Create and maintain the layout of the work area associated with the transmission assembly production.
- Work with cross funtional team to ensure processes to meet Quality, Cost, and Delivery metrics.
- Evaluate work methods, prepare and / or modify documented work instructions.
- Specify tools, gages, fixtures and any related support equipment for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Interface with vendors on problem resolution, fixture design and build or rebuilding of tools and fixtures.
- Train Team Leaders and UAW employees on proper execution of work instructions as needed.
- Analyze new product quotes and provide cost estimates on tools, fixtures, machines, gages and recurring labor.
- Support production by resolving process, producibility and quality problems using Lean Sigma techniques.
- Write Scopes of Work (SOW), detailed presentations, and financial justification for the procurement of capital equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Technology, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent technical BS degree with 3-4 years of relevant experience.
- Must be able to move freely, with or without reasonable accommodation, throughout a manufacturing environment.
- Availability for occasional business travel and for casual overtime based on workload and/or urgency.
- GD&T knowledge, ability to to read machining and assembly prints, and understanding of bill of materials and processes.
- An understanding of working with CAD models and programs in Pro E (Creo) and AutoCAD.
- Understanding of United States Customary Units and International System of Units (SI) for measurements.
- Proven ability to make technical decisions, complete project objectives within budget and schedule, and work with little supervision.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a cross-functional environment while working on multiple projects.
- Ability to track metrics and report status of engineering activities.
- Ability to utilize all Microsoft Office applications, good written communication, good verbal communication skills, and ability to write engineering failure analysis reports.
- Ability to get security clearance.
- Experience in manufacturing assembly operations.
- CNC programming experience in Mastercam, M & G Codes.
- Manufacturing assembly experience and understanding of Lean Six Sigma and SPC methods.
- Experience working with suppliers in the design and fabrication of fixtures, assesmbly equipment, tools, or parts.
- Engineering knowledge of mechanics; hydraulics; transmission parts such as gears housings, and shafts; knowledge of performance parameters such as speed, RPM, torque, power and gear ratios; and understanding of component stress and strain.
- Project Management experience, have used MS Project in the past and have developed Statement of Work, Work Breakdown Structure, and Schedules.
- Understanding of Geometeric Dimensioning & Tolerancing techniques.
- Working knowledge of using CAD models and programs in ProE and AutoCad.
- Experience in regulated aerospace/military manufacturing enviroment with CNC Machining, complex assembly and product test.
- Proficiency in Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Project management experience and ability to use MS Project to create schedules.