SQL Database Administrator
Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
Your primary role as SQL DBA is as follows:
1. Configure and maintain Microsoft SQL (Azure and on-premises) database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
2. Design, build and maintain SSIS data integrations and SSRS reports.
3. Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing end-to-end problem resolution and communication outside of the team.
4. Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
5. Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
6. Provide technical guidance and thought leadership to other members of the team.
7. Support internal users with investigating anomalies in results of reporting or data integrations.
8. Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
9. Other database job duties as defined.
Education: Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent mix of professional experience
Job Experience: 3+ years working with MS SQL Server 2014 or later
: Solid experience working with MS SQL Server 2014 and later environments
: Experience working with Microsoft Azure SQL
: Good understanding of T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS
: Knowledge of database architecture and design principles and implementing them into logical and physical database structures
: Experience with database backups, restores and recovery
: Experience with performance tuning, optimization, and benchmarking using native monitoring tools
: Familiarity with developing applications that consume data, especially .Net and web services
: Strong analytic, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required
: Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and ability to acquire new skills quickly