Florida, Tampa-St. Petersburg-Cl
Essential Roles and Responsibilities include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
1. Approve ingredients, components, labels and packaging materials for use in production.
2. Assist in equipment, facility and processes validations as necessary.
3. Assist in non-conformance report preparation of Quality System observations from internal plant audits.
4. Assist in the development of internal procedures and forms as needed to perform different activities related to quality, food safety and manufacturing operations.
5. Collect, prepare, pack and ship product and ingredient samples as required for testing and review.
6. Collect, store and reserve representative samples for retention.
7. Conduct internal plant audits of facility environment to ensure facility compliance to Quality System including: Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety, and Standard Operating Procedures.
8. Develop and implement internal procedures and manuals needed to perform quality system activities.
9. Inspect purchased and pre-purchased ingredients, components, labels and packaging materials for adherence to specifications.
10. Implement and maintain quality retention sample inventory.
11. Maintain and/or establish quality system documentation by developing, updating and implementing forms, logs and records.
12. Observe blending, filling, packaging, rework and disposal operations.
13. Replenish analytical reagents and lab supplies and maintain clean work area.
14. Review all receiving records for ingredients, components, labels and packaging material for conformance to documentation and recordkeeping practices.
15. Review internal procedures related to quality, food safety and manufacturing operations for effectiveness to regulatory standard.
16. Support compliance activities associated with the Quality Management System including but not limited to the following: SQF Program, Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP Principles and Standard Operating Procedures.
17. Verify sanitation program effectiveness by conducting environmental testing and sampling.
18. Weigh ingredients for blending batch preparation based on master manufacturing record.
19. Work in a safe manner and keep abreast of the SDS and Laboratory Safety Manual provisions and updates while adhering to food safety program guidelines.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to communicate with others clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
Ability to read and comprehend technical literature, written instructions, short correspondence and memos.
Education and Experience
: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
: Associates Degree OR High School Diploma and at least two (2) years of experience in a similar role.
: One (1) to three (3) years related experience in food and beverage manufacturing, food safety, facility inspections, quality control or regulatory compliance
: One (1) to three (3) years related experience in technical and or scientific document review.
: Previous experience in food and beverage manufacturing, food safety, facility inspections, quality control or regulatory compliance
: Experience with FDA regulations including Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
: Experience with Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmark schemes including SQF.