Florida, Tampa-St. Petersburg-Cl
Essential Roles and Responsibilities include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
1. Act as a back-up for all quality department members in the event of absence.
2. Act as a secondary back-up to the SQF Practitioner, HACCP Manager, Food Safety Manager and Director of Quality.
3. Act as liaison between customer, external laboratory, process authority and regulatory compliance.
4. Act as liaison with regulatory authority for product certifications.
5. Approve ingredients, components, labels and packaging materials for use in production.
6. Approve material specifications for ingredients based on customer supplied specifications and product label claims for identity, strength, purity, microbiological and limits.
7. Approve supplier/material documentation.
8. Assist Director of Quality in regulatory compliance audits.
9. Assist in equipment, facility and processes validations as necessary.
10. Assist in the development of internal procedures and forms as needed to perform different activities related to quality, food safety and manufacturing operations.
11. Assist the customer in product specification establishment, product formulation to label claims, and batch preparation based on customer provided documentation.
12. Attend production meetings to establish quality system parameters necessary for production runs.
13. Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment.
14. Collect, prepare, pack and ship product and ingredient samples as required for testing and review.
15. Collect, store and reserve representative samples for retention.
16. Compose analytical data reports for internal and external evaluation.
17. Conduct analysis, approve and release formulated batch to production based on product specification.
18. Conduct product applications for regulatory compliance.
19. Develop and issue product specifications, MMR, MBR based on customer specifications.
20. Develop Certificate of Analysis for approved products.
21. Disposition materials and product by authorizing as approved, rejected, quarantined and released.
22. Document In-Process quality monitoring activities.
23. Ensure facility compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
24. Establish, implement and maintain change control, process controls and document control.
25. Establish, implement and maintain equipment database, calibration and data recovery.
26. Establish, implement and maintain recordkeeping for all production records.
27. Evaluate product and materials for process control.
28. Formulate product batch preparation according to customer specifications and product label claims.
29. Inspect finished product packaging operations at designated frequency.
30. Inspect purchased and pre-purchased ingredients, components, labels and packaging materials for adherence to specifications.
31. Interpret analytical test results including chemical and microbiological parameters.
32. Maintain internal quality records for incoming materials and finished product.
33. Monitor regulatory compliance for HACCP, GMP and product certifications by reviewing in-process batch records.
34. Observe blending, filling, packaging, rework and disposal operations.
35. Oversee quality sample collection, batch preparation and retain program.
36. Participate in quality system meetings for Food Safety, HACCP and Recall.
37. Perform quality analysis on batch samples, finished products and other materials as designated
38. Prepare and issue production records necessary for operations by following manufacturing instruction, product formula and product specifications.
39. Record production data on computer database for recordkeeping and traceability.
40. Replenish analytical reagents and lab supplies and maintain clean work area.
41. Review all internal documented quality management system data for compliance.
42. Review and approve 3rd party test methods and results.
43. Review and approve corrective and/or preventative actions for OOS observations and analytical test results.
44. Develop Master Manufacturing Records prior to production.
45. Review internal procedures related to quality, food safety and manufacturing operations for effectiveness to regulatory standard.
46. Review product formulation for regulatory compliance including ingredient label claims, product certifications, allergens, serving size, product volume and category.
47. Review product label claims to customer specification and analytical test results for product release.
48. Review production batch records for good recordkeeping practices including: document errors, proper sign-off, legibility, correct form revision, OOS results, deviations, and non-conforming/incomplete data.
49. Schedule production batch development using company database.
50. Support compliance activities associated with the Quality Management System including but not limited to the following: SQF Program, Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP Principles and Standard Operating Procedures.
51. Track and trend analytical data for quality management system.
52. Verify sanitation program effectiveness by conducting environmental testing and sampling.
53. Weigh ingredients for blending batch preparation based on master manufacturing record.
54. Work in a safe manner and keep abreast of the SDS and Laboratory Safety Manual provisions and updates while adhering to food safety program guidelines.
: This position does not have direct reports. Responsible for assisting in the coordination of food safety and regulatory functions.
: Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
: Ability to communicate with others clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
: Ability to perform physical work in climate controlled and non-climate controlled environment.
: Must be able to work in a fast pace environment with high speed moving manufacturing equipment. Math skills required: add, subtract, multiply, divide, percent, conversions, rounding.
: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
: Able to organize and provide written and/or oral presentations of work with minimal input from others. Operates with a sense of urgency and consistently demonstrates the ability to prioritize workload.
Education and Experience
: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
: Associates Degree OR High School Diploma and at least three (3) years of experience in a similar role
: Three (3) to five (5) years related experience with FDA regulations including Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
: Three (3) to five (5) years related experience in: food and beverage manufacturing, food safety, facility inspections, quality control or regulatory compliance
: One (1) to three (3) years related experience in technical and or scientific document review.
: Must have Food safety training with valid certification in at least one (1) of the following: HACCP Training, HACCP Certified, Serve Safe or Food Safety Manager
: Must be qualified as an SQF Practitioner or able to become qualified within one (1) year.
: Previous experience in food and beverage manufacturing, food safety, facility inspections, quality control or regulatory compliance
: Experience with Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmark schemes including SQF.