Michigan, Lansing-East Lansing
* Support development of the product by effective product quality plans including control plans, FMEA s, timing charts, open issue reports, process and product validation, flow charts and all APQP requirements.
* Interface with the Program Manager, Design Lead to ensure a successful hand-off for program execution post OK to Tool Part Data release.
* Ensure customer satisfaction by providing design and technical assistance in design reviews and presentations as well as competitive estimates for tooling and product.
* Ensure DexSys DFM objectives are met
* Attend all customer PDTs with program managers to provide oversight up to, not including 1st NS build MRD. Then periodic there-after
* Excellent applied knowledge of GM product development and product approval systems
* Lead and supervise assigned Program Managers, Product Engineers, Determine and assign program assignments for all previously mentioned APQP engineering personnel, provide direction and technical assistance as needed.
Conduct performance reviews for assigned APQP engineering personnel in accordance with Company policy.
Assist in the hiring of new APQP program managers and product engineers
Mentor new program managers as required.
Assist in determining and maintaining appropriate resource levels for current program needs.
Support manufacturing departments as required in new programs, current production, and executing customer initiated engineering changes.
Provide support for error proofing and continuous improvement activities.
Assist in development of methods, procedures and work instructions to successfully manage:
a.Competitive quoting for product and tools
b.Effective cost tracking and launching tools within planned costs
c.Launch of new product
Participate as a member of cross-functional teams for APQP, continuous improvement, VAVE, PFMEA, and other corrective action as required.
Support the internal design review meetings
Responsible for the root cause analysis and corrective actions of APQP related quality issues for programs which have been managed by assigned program managers
Assist the DexSys New Business Manager and Sales Administration Manager in new program quoting and tech reviews
Perform other duties and special projects as required.