Paint Process Engineer
Michigan, Lansing-East Lansing
* Support process and maintenance activities consistent with departmental expectations and goals.
* Operate paint process and application equipment in accordance with established control plans in order to satisfy the customer quality standards and delivery schedule.
Identify, communicate and document any difficulties relating to the product, process and/or quality system as per IATF16949 directives.
* Initiate, recommend or provide solutions utilizing error proofing techniques to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to the product, process and/or quality system through designated channels.
* Verify implementation and effectiveness of recommended solutions. Update control plan as per IATF16949 protocol.
* Develop, implement, verify and document parameter settings for all paint process and application equipment to maintain the specified quality standards detailed in the control plans for all products.
* Track, record and prepare management reports detailing process capability and trend analyses of key parameters as directed by the Paint Process Manager.
* Develop robotic path motions and operating parameters for the introduction of new products and the continuous improvement of existing programs to optimize transfer efficiency within the guidelines of the control plans and customer quality standards. * Development consists of initial setup of pathwork, application parameters, carrier density part orientation, and any other parameters which affect the processing of the product. Communicate with robot technician group on process / mechanical related issues.
*Coordinate with the appropriate paint line personnel in the completion of process related projects and improvements as directed by the Paint Process Manager.
* Communicate and cooperate with paint suppliers on usage optimization, formulation compatibility, paint performance and quality issues. Work with equipment suppliers to accurately collect application and performance data on new technology tested in the painting process.
* Communicate and cooperate with cleaning suppliers to test new processes and products to ensure optimization of system performance.
* Actively participate in continuous improvement teams as assigned by the Paint Process Manager.
* Assist in the development and maintenance of FMEA s, control plans and IATF16949 documentation.
* Perform other duties as assigned.