Mechanical Design Engineer
Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
* Design and develop complete devices that integrate mechanical and electrical/electronic components
* Interact with Product Management, Marketing, and Customers to fully understand product requirements and develop cost effective and innovative solutions
* Create solid models and drawings for assembly, components, and tooling in SolidWorks
* Perform Finite Element Analysis on high stress components
* Work with internal and external vendors and consultants to create and test functional prototypes of new devices, component changes, and design improvements
* Create designs that are aligned with assembly and manufacturing capabilities, processes, and test.
* Perform DFx reviews as required.
* Perform product verification and validations according to the defined design inputs and product specifications
* Develop multi-level Bill-of-Materials
* Write reports, specifications, correspondence, and procedures
* Ensure products comply with and are certified to applicable specifications and regulatory standards
* Stay abreast of any new technologies, including design software, rules, design practices etc.
* Facilitate schematic design, analysis, and simulation of electronic circuits as well as provide guidance to internal and external sources for PCB layout
* Work closely with internal and external customers to define, meet or exceed design parameters during the design phase
* Perform other tasks as assigned by Design Engineering Lead