Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
* Sustain products already in production, addressing scrap issues, specification or safety issues, or potential efficiency improvements, including the response to DCR' s (Document Change Requests) that come from the Production group.
* Use customer-provided drawings or specifications, and consider company quality requirements, to develop accurate and complete product specifications, purchased component specifications, assembly specifications, item masters, and bills of material for all new or transfer products.
* Work with Engineering Manager, Project Engineers, and/or Process Engineers to conceptualize, research, and implement new ideas, processes, and technologies for the advancement of our company and customers. The Manufacturing Engineer will provide guidance on quotes or new product developments as necessary, particularly where post-mold processing is required.
* Develop requirements/specifications for any custom fixturing or equipment, and manage procurement, installation, and qualification of that equipment. Create/assemble and file all associated documentation for each fixture.
* Write and execute comprehensive qualifications/validations for any processes that involve something other than non-standard molding, including risk assessment and Process FMEA development.
* Work with internal teams to develop and implement procedures that increase the quality of company-provided services. Work well with others in the organization to identify solutions and manage complex or difficult tasks.
* Provide training and/or guidance to junior Manufacturing Engineers, as applicable.
* Provide training and/or insights to any junior engineers in the organization to the betterment of the individual and the company.
* Perform any other related duties as requested by the Engineering Manager.