Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
Build custom equipment, and parts assemblies in a timely manner maintaining a smooth flow of parts and products from production to crating for delivery to customer. Service and/or install equipment in the field when necessary.
1. Promote a positive attitude, understand and promote company mission and values. Must be able to work independently and accept accountability.
2. Must have excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills, share information with others prior to decisions and after decisions in a timely manner. Listen effectively and accept constructive criticism.
3. Ability to take independent action solving problems, seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, generate new ideas and manage risk of new ideas, work to promote self-development.
4. Must have a common sense/practical approach, ability to make thoughtful and timely decisions, get clarity of issue or objective by getting input in the decision making process and show consideration for the impact of the decisions.
5. Show openness to new ideas, ability to adapt to change and assume new responsibilities. Must be able to handle pressure and uncertainty, adjust work plans to meet changing company and customer needs.
1. Fully assemble and test run fillers, parts assemblies and related equipment.
2. Disassembles, prepares and crates parts and equipment for shipment to customers per packaging standards.
3. Designs, welds, machines, and fabricates parts as necessary. Document your work and communicate with the Engineering department to ensure prints are drawn.
4. Reorders parts needed through Parts Coordinator or Materials Manager when necessary.
5. Photograph machines, complete check lists and document all information relating to each machine.
6. Travel periodically to customers for installation and/or service of machines. Up to two (2) weeks per machine. Up to 30% of the year for travel service work.
7. Gain a working knowledge of basic electronic functions of the machines, as well as understanding basic PLC and servo functions; be able to modify programs as needed to improve performance of equipment.
8. Route parts to other departments in the factory as necessary.
9. Ensures and maintains safety and cleanliness of work area by performing housekeeping duties daily.
10. Provides verbal/written feedback to appropriate member regarding engineering, manufacturing and/or routing problems with parts and/or equipment.
11. Work overtime when scheduled by your supervisor.
12. In the event of any emergency contact your supervisor, or plant manager immediately. If you are unable to locate them, use your own judgement.
13. Performs and cross trains on various positions as required.
14. Completes appropriate paperwork.
15. Meets daily production requirements.
16. Maintains a professional appearance at all times, representing in a professional and courteous manner.
17. When QC Department requires additional assistance due to production demands, you will be required to help in that department.
A. Internal Contacts - Work with other members of your department, and all other members to solve work related problems.
B. External Contacts - Periodically with customers.
1. High School diploma preferred.
2. Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
3. On the job training provided.
4. Must have good manual dexterity and the ability to communicate with coworkers.
5. Valid Passport-preferred.
6. Must have basic computer knowledge.
1. Moderate exposure to dust, dirt, oil, grease, chemical fumes, odors, noise, solvent, heat, and paint.
2. Moderate-sized equipment utilized around work area.
3. Possible cuts, scrapes, or bruises.
4. Moderate exposure to noise; hearing protection provided.
5. The basic nature of the job requires precaution in work situation to avoid potentially serious injury.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills