Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
* Monitors and influences the performance of the Regional Distribution Center (RDC).
* Expedites and intercedes with the network flow of products when needed to insure shipments are delivered complete and on time to our customer.
*Works with materials management, transportation, various warehouses, SDP s, planners, sales service reps and our third party logistics providers.
*Monitors/verifies the status of all trailers in-transit for the RDC, and monitors production (via other logistics specialist, plant personnel, and other warehouses) to ensure that shipments from RDC are complete to customer.
* Looks for opportunities to improve trailer utilization and to reduce stops between the RDC and customers.
* Plans and executes the equipment returns balancing the cost and cube associated with back hauls.
* Works with dedicated fleet to select shipments daily to maximize utilization of dedicated fleet and balance overall transportation cost with common carriers.