Our client, a Global Medical Device Manufacture has an immediate opening for a Legal Assistant for a 3 Month + Contract. Our client offers results-driven people a place where they can make a difference every day! You will also have the opportunity to work with other like-minded, self-directed and detail oriented Top Talents in an extremely collaborative and professional environment.
Position Description (Principle Duties and Responsibilities)
Provides legal assistance to company attorneys. Acts as liaison between company attorneys, outside counsel, organizations and in-house employees.
1. Provide support and assistance to company attorneys with addressing the legal needs of various business departments within the company.
2. Conduct initial analysis of requests for legal review that are submitted from various business departments and provide company attorneys with summary of request.
3. Maintain/improve contract management and approval system.
4. Prepare and edit legal documents, correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents.
5. Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents.
6. Provides and/or helps attorneys to provide to business clients with training and education on contract processes, business practices and procedures and recurring issues in either area.
7. Review, edit and approve product literature and labeling to ensure compliance with Physio-Control policies, regulations of the Food & Drug Administration and other applicable regulations.
8. Manage Legal Department invoices from outside vendors and perform other administrative functions as required.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Paralegal certification including 5 years of paralegal experience
Law office experience and knowledge of office automation equipment/software related to legal activities
7 years of paralegal experience
Public speaking or group training experience, pharmaceutical or medical device regulatory strongly preferred
High degree of attention to detail
Demonstrated skills in standard MS Office suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Strong contract negotiation and drafting skills
Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
Excellent decision making skills
Superior attention to detail and capability to prioritize and focus on completing tasks and assignments, capability to maintain quality while skillfully handling multiple tasks, and effectively communicate status of projects
Strong prior experience evidencing creativity and inventiveness in relevant skill areas
Genuine interest in crafting legal documents and solutions
Ability to work independently
Normal office environment; significant use of computer monitor, keyboard, and mouse
Position may require minimal travel