Grand Rapids, MI
Our client, an automotive manufacturing company in the Grand Rapids area, is looking for an Industrial Engineer to join their team. This is a growing company with competitive pay and benefits!
• To ensure compliance with all customer specific and IATF Requirements
• Develop and maintain machine utilization and capacity Planning
• Design, develop, test, and evaluate integrated systems for managing industrial production processes including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination
• Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
• Develop material handling systems for material flow
• Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
• Implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and defective or damaged parts, and assess cost and responsibility.
• Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
• Develop and maintain capital plans
• Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
• Insure Compliance with all environmental and Safety policies
• All other responsibilities as assigned
• Reports any deficiencies in product, systems, facilities, machinery or equipment to supervisor/manager.
• Records and/or reports product non-conformance and product damage to supervisor/manager.
• Complies with Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
• Participates and contributes to effective production efficiency.
• Maintain at all times confidentiality in regards to company proprietary matters.
Bachelor’s in Engineering or 5+ years of engineering experience within the automotive industry
Knowledge of IATF Quality Management System.
Ability to work closely with Corporate personnel and customer
Knowledge of Microsoft project