Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
IT Administrator is responsible for managing, monitoring, installing and maintenance of computers, computers networks and software. Solving problems that may occur within them.
- Managing a multi-user data/voice/video network.
- May include network security, configuring and supporting multisite LAN/WAN and firewall configurations, installing new applications, distributing software upgrades, monitoring daily activity, and managing backups.
- Install, trouble-shoot and repair new and/or existing PCs.
- Provide maintenance and administration of both a computer network and connected desktop/laptop computers.
- Respond to and answer helpdesk requests.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills with the ability to find resolutions to issues quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong documentation and/or technical writing skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently or as part of a team from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to learn and support industry specific or custom software.
- Must be willing to work occasional weekends, off hours, or extra hours and willing to travel if necessary.
- Ability to lift and move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Experience as a network administrator supporting a Microsoft Windows server environment - Active Directory, group policy, DFS, patch management and Windows security.
- High level knowledge of Cisco networking equipment, software and protocols - firewalls, routers, switches, IP telephony, EIGRP routing, and access points.
- Experience with VMWare virtualization of servers and applications.
- Office 365 administration and support.
- Experience with Red Hat Linux.
- Knowledge of Powershell scripting.
- Experience with Pick and Universe
- Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred.