Health Center Manager
1. Supervises and schedules site staff including ARNPs and coordinates staff training.
2. Completes monthly reports and works with Business Support Department in providing data as required and requested.
3. Assists in updating medical policies and procedures, and in formulating instructional guidelines. Disseminates appropriate updates and guidelines to staff as needed.
4. Assures that client contacts and visits are accurately documented in chart, log, and computer. Maintains systems that ARNPs will use for client follow-up, including abnormal Paps, and referrals, and ensures staff follow-up of abnormal test results received. Sees that all client records are maintained uniformly, properly filed and readily accessible.
5. Must have a firm knowledge and understanding of internal policies and adhere to same: Standards and Guidelines, Medical Policies and Procedure Manual, Personnel Policies, and Standing Orders.
6. Performs Health Center Assistants I and II duties as needed to assure smooth clinic flow.
7. Ensures that exam rooms, lab, and dispensary are adequately stocked. Orders clinic supplies and maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
8. Creates and submits purchase orders.
9. Maintains the clinic in a neat and orderly fashion and ensures that clinic staff adhere to, OSHA, and CLIA standards.
10. Holds staff accountable and responsible for the oversight of all required training(s), familiarity and competency in utilizing the CAL (Center for Affiliate Learning)
11. Participates in the development and implementation of electronic health record
12. Lead health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity
13. Hold all clinical staff accountable to specific measurable customer service standards
14. Lead health center efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals
15. Supervises collections and balancing of cash drawer, balances and summarizes day sheets and assists with bank deposits as required. Assists in coordinating and training clinic staff in data collection (fees and client statistics).
16. Completes and submits Florida Department of Health forms for reimbursement promptly.
17. Conducts staff meetings and performs staff evaluations and productivity evaluations. Reports to Director of Patient Services on budget goals, clinic needs, staff issues, etc.
18. Oversees Quality Assurance Program on-site.
19. Will be observed and evaluated, at minimum, on an annual basis.
20. Other duties as assigned by the Director and/or Director of Patient Services.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
21. Education: AA degree or equivalent, BA preferred with at least one (1) year of experience in diverse patient care.
22. Basic skills/knowledge: Must have proven commitment to quality patient care, an understanding of confidentiality and be sensitive to individual client need. Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities and supervise a diverse staff. Strong arithmetic and computation skills, excellent verbal communication skills, critical thinking, neatness and attention to details are essential.
23. Understanding of and a strong personal commitment to reproductive rights, goals, and philosophies
24. Must be committed to quality medical care, informed consent, and confidentiality. Must be sensitive to individual client need and programs. Must believe in voluntary family planning and reproductive choice and have strong interpersonal skills.
25. Previous experience required: 3 years clinical, administrative, patient care and/or supervisory experience. Supervisory, scheduling and budget management experience required.
26. Demonstrated familiarity with computer word processing and spreadsheets required.
27. Language Skills: Accuracy in verbal and written communications. Bilingual/Spanish helpful. Must be able to work with a variety of people and have a strong history of direct service experience using interviewing, education, and crisis intervention skills.
28. Equipment/Machine use: Medical and office equipment as appropriate including computer software, telephone, fax machine, copier, autoclave, blood pressure cuff, weight scale, hemoglobin meter and other equipment as instructed.
29. Location/Travel/Physical: Travel throughout the affiliate area as needed and occasional air travel to conferences as needed.