Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
* Analyze blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
* Clean and prepare parts before welding.
* Set up and operate welding equipment to weld, repair, join or fabricate parts by working with blueprints, sketches or verbal orders.
* Examine parts for defects and measure parts to ensure conformance with specifications.
* Perform seam finishing, component fit-up, drilling and tapping and other minor machining functions.
* Assists in training less experienced employees in set-up and quality production standards.
* Assist in scheduling workload and recommend tooling needs to save time.
* Move material with appropriate equipment throughout the work area as needed.
* Must have knowledge of job budgets and work to meet them.
* Must have knowledge of job schedules and work to meet them.
* Able to work in different departments as needed.
* Maintain a clean and organized fabrication area.
* Promote continuous improvements.
* Support Quality Systems.
* Create a safe working environment.
* Additional duties as assigned.