Construction Cost Estimator
Our Client, a Public Utility that provides natural gas and electricity to the majority of Michigan s 10 million residents is seeking a talented and self-driven individual for needs serving in the role of Sr. Construction Cost Estimator
Prepare complete estimates for assigned project(s) of medium size and complexity and many types of contracts, either directly or through subordinate personnel. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within area of responsibility. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Typical duties include:
1. Develop pricing utilizing industry standard guidelines and estimating guides.
2. Prepare quantity takeoff and daily utilization of software tools.
3. Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
4. Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend meetings, etc. To determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
5. Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
6. Utilization of the Cost Estimating software with mentoring from Sr. Estimator(s).
7. Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimates figures and provide assistance to Sr Estimator to incorporate into cost database.
8. Interface with owner, A/E, and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
9. Estimates should be broken into WBS structure by material, Labor and Equipment.
10. Utilize estimating standards for mark-up, contingency and other percentages of construction.
Knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems is essential.
Disciplines of Estimating required: Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, I&C, Pipeline, Storage, M&R
Minimum, 1-2 years of construction cost estimating working expe rience.
Associates or Bachelor degree preferred.