Construction Contracts Manager
Our Client, a Public Utility that provides natural gas and electricity to the majority of Michigan’s 10 million residents is seeking a talented and self-driven individual for needs serving in the role of Construction Contracts Manager. In this role, you will lead RFP, Bid, Selection, Negotiation and Implementation of multi million dollar construction projects for New and Upgraded Energy (Gas and Electric) Generation.
The analyst will be tasked with supporting and leading arrangements for the contracting of goods, materials, and services the company requires within budget limitations. Perform prequalification and RFP processes simultaneously supporting several businesses/clients. Familiarity with Construction industry, participants, sequences, evaluation methods, pricing mechanisms, and tools for best value awards. Support in documentation requirements post awards on Purchases and Contracts managing constructive vendor relationships.
• Ability to Work with the Project Team to define the scope of procurement/contracting activities required to support the scope of Work to be performed.
• Ability to Work with the Project Team to establish a pricing strategy for each work package.
• Responsible for Managing Pre-Qualification Process and maintain database.
• Responsible for assembling a final bidders lists.
• Experienced in preparation, assembling and Managing Contracts and PO RFPs/RFQs
• Experience and ability to negotiate and resolve bidder exceptions to Ts and Cs (internally and with bidder)
• Experience in conforming agreed Contract / Purchase Agreement for review and approval by all
• Experience with Contract Change Management
• Support the Project Team in contract interpretation, correspondence, completion, invoicing and closeout.
• Experience implementing claims mitigation and management
A bachelor's degree in business management, business administration, or a related field is a typical requirement of most employers. Professional experience is also highly preferred, especially if it is in a field involving vendor-client interaction. If the applicant is a recent graduate with internship experience in a related field, employers may consider this in lieu of professional experience.