Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
Program up to 5 axis CNC equipment to produce precision parts in a timely manner. Includes modifying, or repairing parts or assemblies, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
1. Promote a positive attitude, understand and promote company mission and values. Must be able to work independently and accept accountability.
2. Must have excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills, share information with others prior to decisions and after decisions in a timely manner. Listen effectively and accept constructive criticism.
3. Ability to take independent action solving problems, seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, generate new ideas and manage risk of new ideas, work to promote self-development.
4. Must have a common sense/practical approach, ability to make thoughtful and timely decisions, get clarity of issue or objective by getting input in the decision making process and show consideration for the impact of the decisions.
5. Show openness to new ideas, ability to adapt to change and assume new responsibilities. Must be able to handle pressure and uncertainty, adjust work plans to meet changing company and customer needs.
1. Write programs for CNC machines using MasterCam based on engineering 3D models.
2. Define tooling, and establish efficient default feeds and speeds.
3. Record programming time through Counterpart when necessary for tracking of time on specific jobs.
4. Monitor due dates on the process sheets, and complete all work as scheduled.
5. Provide verbal, and written feedback to appropriate members of the manufacturing group.
6. Maintain a professional appearance at all times, representing our client in a professional and courteous manner.
7. Occasionally set up and operate CNC equipment.
8. Deliver parts to other departments in the plant as necessary.
9. Perform work, and cross train on various positions or equipment as required.
10. A quality check is required on all parts that you manufacture. This may be an internal or external process.
11. Work overtime when approved and scheduled by your manager.
12. Maintain safety and cleanliness of work area by performing housekeeping duties daily.
A. Internal Contacts - Work with other members of your department, and all other Fogg members to solve work related problems.
B. External Contacts - Periodically with customers of our client touring the facilities.
1. High School diploma preferred.
2. Minimum five years experience in a manufacturing setting.
3. Must have good manual and verbal dexterity.
4. Must be able to work independently.
5. Minimum 3 years programming experience.
1. Exposure to oil, grease, coolant, solvent, and paint.
2. Moderate-sized equipment utilized around work area.
3. Moderate exposure to noise; hearing protection provided.
4. The basic nature of the job requires precaution to avoid potentially serious injury.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.