* Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies regarding the accounts payable function to ensure adherence to company guidelines and internal controls.
* Provides accounting assistance to Directors, Managers and Staff. Responds to financial questions and concerns to meet business needs in the accounts payable area. Research accounts payable issues with various department personnel and review/address their concerns.
* Processes vendor invoices and employee expense reports.
* Manages various company credit card programs, including reconcilement and coding of American Express corporate purchasing card charges online. Assist with PNC PayCard program where necessary.
* Ability to interact with vendors including the processing of student refunds and credits; assist vendors with questions, credit applications, resale tax certificates, payment status and account reconciliations.
* Month end activities including self assessed sales/use tax and various account reconciliations, journal entries, private lesson, reconcile stale dated checks, send notifications, review vendor files, review payable account for duplicate payments, process void/lost checks.
* Processes all student deposit returns, closing accounts and filing unclaimed property reports with various states.
* Assigns and coordinates purchase orders with all department personnel.
* Back up for night audit and student bank functions.
* Assist sport departments and business managers with accounts payable needs for tournaments including hotels, tournament entry fees, cash advances, etc.
* Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes.
* Supervise junior accounts payable personnel.
* Review emails and AccountsPayable@img.Com emails for invoices and problem solving.
* Maintenance of vendor profile.
* Familiarity with processing 1099 and 1042S forms at year end; also familiarity with W-9 forms, B-Notices, 942, and W-8 forms.
* Experience with GAAP and IRS regulations for reimbursements, international payments and taxes.
* Create new vendor numbers for vendors, contractors and employees
* Staff training on accounts payable procedures, policies and practices where necessary.
* Reconcile SMS accounts.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
* Experience in an AP function
* Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
* Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
* Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple projects
* Ability to multi task in a fast-paced organization