Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
TITLE: Quality Technician
REPORTS TO: Materials Manager
Inspect production parts to insure accuracy, quality, and engineering tolerance requirements are met. Including cosmetic appearance and overall construction quality.
1. Promote a positive attitude, understand and promote company mission and values. Must be able to work independently and accept accountability.
2. Must have excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills, share information with others prior to decisions and after decisions in a timely manner. Listen effectively and accept constructive criticism.
3. Ability to take independent action solving problems, seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, generate new ideas and manage risk of new ideas, work to promote self-development.
4. Must have a common sense/practical approach, ability to make thoughtful and timely decisions, get clarity of issue or objective by getting input in the decision-making process and show consideration for the impact of the decisions.
5. Show openness to new ideas, ability to adapt to change and assume new responsibilities. Must be able to handle pressure and uncertainty, adjust work plans to meet changing company and customer needs.
1. Inspects all parts, using measuring equipment provided, insuring engineering specifications are met.
2. Inspects all parts insuring cosmetic appearance is first quality.
3. Records information, comments and special notes on computer Quality Control Program.
4. Identifies usable and non-usable parts and report problem issues, in writing, to appropriate parts buyer, engineer and/or supervisor. Insures issue is resolved in a timely manner, adhering to Quality Standards.
5. Documents tools and/or equipment necessary to perform your job in a quality, cutting edge manner. Provide Plant Manager with this list as necessary.
6. Route parts to other departments in the factory as necessary.
7. Ensures and maintains safety and cleanliness of work area by performing housekeeping duties daily.
8. Provides verbal/written feedback to appropriate member regarding engineering, manufacturing and/or routing problems with parts and/or equipment.
9. Work overtime when scheduled by your supervisor.
10. In the event of any emergency contact your supervisor, or plant manager immediately. If you are unable to locate them, use your own judgement.
11. Monitor the due dates on process sheets and complete all work by the scheduled due date, fill in time, sign and date.
12. Performs and cross trains on various positions as required.
13. Completes appropriate paperwork.
14. Meets daily production requirements.
15. Maintains a professional appearance at all times, representing in a professional and courteous manner.
A. Internal Contacts - Work with other members of your department, and all other members to solve work related problems.
B. External Contacts - Periodically with customers.
1. High School diploma preferred.
2. Experience in a variety of precision measuring instruments.
3. Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
4. On the job training provided.
5. Must have good manual dexterity and the ability to communicate with coworkers.
6. Valid Passport-preferred.
1. Moderate exposure to dust, dirt, oil, grease, chemical fumes, odors, noise, solvent, heat, and paint.
2. Moderate-sized equipment utilized around work area.
3. Possible cuts, scrapes, or bruises.
4. Moderate exposure to noise; hearing protection provided.
5. The basic nature of the job requires precaution in work situation to avoid potentially serious injury.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.