Michigan, Lansing-East Lansing
Senior candidates - 10 years experience
Preferably with health care experience
State/City/Federal experience is a bonus
Agile/Waterfall methodologies experience
Familiarity with MS Project and SharePoint
Bachelor' s Degree
As a Project Manager, you will be required to create and review project documentation such as project plans, WBS, Gantt charts, schedules, risk assessments, mitigation plans, tracking of timelines, Ad Hoc reporting, work tasks, requirements and workflows. You' ll put your passion for project management to use every day while working within a team comprised of business analysts, subject matter experts, testers, quality assurance analysts, third-party implementers, and client stakeholders up to and including executives. You will apply proven project management methodologies for ongoing support, implementation and maintenance of projects, as well as facilitate and participate in approved project planning, request for change documentation, business requirements, testing and implementation for projects. You will ensure timely identification and documentation of issues and risks following accepted project standards and actively engage in issue resolutions activities, including analysis and tracking of systems data.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or higher in a related field.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without current or future need for a visa sponsorship.
- Project management experience at the City/State/Federal government environment
- Extensive experience using tools to monitor/report on schedule progress, resource utilization, risk and issue resolution/escalation, process adherence, and general project governance practices.
- Extensive experience in successfully managing complex projects including multiple stakeholders, PMO staff, multiple vendors, data conversions, testing and implementation planning.
- Documented experience in performing PM Quality Management using SLC methodologies.
- Professional certification in Project Management, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Senior level leadership ability in complex projects involving executive stakeholders, multiple vendors, and internal & external resources within all levels of an organization.
- Active PMP Certification
- Expert level skills and experience in MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a plus.
- Self starter who can work independently or within a team.
- Willingness to work on site with client.
- Must have a desire and drive to learn new technologies, and to continuously learn and grow as a professional and as an individual.
- Must be self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines.
- Must be able to understand and appropriately respond to client needs.