Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
This position is responsible for the management of projects as they relate to process improvements and capital expenditures. This would include the justification of these projects as well as follow up through the installation of the capital equipment. In addition, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining plant layouts: assisting in new product launches, suggesting process flow improvements, providing engineering support both mechanical and electrical to maintenance and equipment on the floor, performing time studies as they relate to the development and implementation of new or existing processes.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTY EXAMPLES:
1. Work with manufacturing in the development and justification of work cells for cost reduction. Lead continuous improvement projects and manage the project task list resulting from the event.
2. Develop justifications for new capital expenditures, write the appropriation request, follow up on the purchase of the capital equipment, and manage the timely installation of the equipment.
3. Provide engineering support as part of a team for new product launches.
4. Perform time studies for the development of new labor standards and confirmation of existing standards. Must understand how common routings are used to develop the standards for each toothbrush finish goods.
5. Serve as project leader on various cost reduction or process improvement projects.
7. Ability to troubleshoot / service/ program electrical and machine controls such as:
Allen Bradley, RS logic, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Barber Colman
Relay and PLC ladder logic
Motor starters including variable frequency drives
I/O - Switch functions
AC/DC electronic concepts
8. Provide engineering support to maintenance and equipment.
9. Identify and mange outside services and contractors as necessary
10. Other duties as assigned by management.
11. Strong experience with Lean Manufacturing. (Kaizen, 5S, Continuous Improvement techniques, Etc.)
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
: B.S. Degree in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering/Engineering Management or equivalent work experience (5-10yrs )
: Thorough knowledge and experience with AutoCad
: Consumer product and packaging background
: Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software in use.
: Working knowledge of MRP systems
: Strong written and oral communication skills with all levels of the company
: Ability to hear ordinary conversation or on a telephone
: Ability to understand and carry out complicated oral or written instructions
: Ability to plan own work activities
: Ability to coordinate the work activities of others
: Ability to work alone or as a member of a team
: Ability to work without supervision
: Ability to work under time pressure
: Ability to work on several projects at the same time to ensure they are completed in a timely manner
: Ability to appropriately manage confidential information
: Ability to walk at least of the day (sit the majority of the day)
ESSENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
: Indoor, climate-controlled environment
PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
: Safety glasses (when in plant)