IT Sourcing and Contract Specialist
Our Client, a Public Utility that provides natural gas and electricity to the majority of Michigan’s 10 million residents is seeking a talented and self-driven individual for needs serving in the role of IT Sourcing and Contract Specialist.
The IT Sourcing and Contract Specialist is responsible for:
• Delivering best-in-class technology products and services with the right balance of cost control, risk mitigation and speed
• Developing and Leading the negotiation strategy for large and complex contracts
• Advising team members on strategic and tactical efforts
• Be an effective change agent, playing the role of the educator while directing the acquisition activities of IT and the business in a proactive and strategic way.
• Driving the technology procurement acquisition strategy
• Establishing technology procurement processes and procedures that balance cost, risk and speed
• Establishing and ongoing measurement of metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the technology procurement team
• Ensuring continuous technology procurement process improvement
• Develop, Manage and Communicate IT Contract Standards.
• Manage and Report Total Cost of Ownership
• Achieve the best product and/or service at the best value.
• Define and refine a rigorous, collaborative approach to sourcing.
• Achieve savings through tactical optimization and strategic vision utilizing market pricing and creative contract structures
• Propose Solutions and Support IT decisions by utilization of fact-based analysis and market intelligence
• Develops cadence of relationship management that encourages supplier innovation.
• Ensures Supplier Diversity and Corporate Supplier Base Objectives
• Work collaboratively with Supply Chain, Legal and all IT Business functions.
• Develops, integrates, educates and communicates Supplier processes.
• Benchmark Integration of contract costs.
• integrate sourcing solutions with standard department processes
• Define requirements for vendor/contract solutions and services and serve as the primary contact for communication.
• RFx and Sourcing of major IT initiatives in all categories.
• This leader has a full understanding of IT strategies and manages the diversity of needs and prioritizes those needs based on the overall business objectives.
Initiation and renewal of Software License Agreements, Hardware Agreements and Project, SI Services Agreements.
• Own the skills to influence and drive change, combined with the drive to deliver results per the goals set, will enable this individual to support the rapid evolution of digital business.
• Excellent written and verbal communications.
• Very experienced in MS Office Tools including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
• Experience in SharePoint
• Experience with Service Now
Education Required: A bachelor's degree in business management, supply chain, Information Technology, business administration, or a related field.
Professional experience of 3-5 years in related field is required.