Michigan, Grand Rapids-Muskegon-
1. Builds electrical panels and wires machines using the engineering schematics, bill of materials, and panel layouts. Use procedures and directions determined by UL and engineering.
2. Monitor wire stock and order replacements as needed. Monitor electrical stock and order replacements as needed. Determines proper material selection by performing static and dynamic engineering calculations with the aid of computer-aided design (CAD, personal computers (PC) and calculators).
3. Assist Controls Engineers Level I & II to debug and trouble shoot control systems as needed.
4. Provide project leadership on major installation or revision of machines and equipment. Including direct production of electrical controls. Weld wire ways to machine bases, run conduit, pull cables, read blueprints and wire machines accordingly, track BOM parts and make sure they arrive on time. Work with assembly department to coordinate timing of wiring and machine startup. Build electrical panels, assist in machine disassembly for shipping. Test safety circuits.
5. Documents all projects and maintain in master engineering file. Insure that a bill of materials and electrical schematic are placed in the engineering file of each machine.
6. Assist in assembling prototype product using power and hand tools. Lifts/moves parts weighing up to 40 pounds, during engineering evaluations to determine form, fit and function.
7. Assist and Support development programs which will increase cost efficiency resulting in smoother workflow for manufacturing. Including testing and analysis of materials, processes and prototypes. Prepares test requests, monitors tests, and evaluates test performance per agency and industry standards.
8. Analyzes competitive products by evaluating materials, manufacturing processes, product performance and packaging.
9. Keep wiring areas clean and organized.
10. Contacts and when necessary visits customers, suppliers, and agencies to obtain information relative to existing products, purchased parts, material selections, or manufacturing processes.
11. Travel and provide engineering field support for machine installation, startup and service for all of client customer base and/or our dealer/agents, maintaining optimum quality customer service, as required.
12. Support client customers, Sales Department and Purchasing Department on project control specifications. Answer controls and electrical related customer service telephone calls.
13. Maintain a professional appearance at all times representing client in a professional and courteous manner.
14. When other Departments require additional assistance due to production demands, you may be required to help in that department.
High School Diploma
5 years experience with wiring, maintenance, production, packaging industry preferred.
. Electrical wiring experience in an OEM atmosphere
. Attention to detail and quality of work
. Must be able to debug machine wiring, and high and low voltage circuits.
. Self-motivated and ability to see what needs to be done
. Communication skills and willingness to take on challenges
May include machine design, tooling, controls or field maintenance, mechanical desktop, 3-D drawing, Excel, Word, Autocad and/or Internet experience. Valid Passport.
Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have PC/Computer skills, which include knowledge of word processing, data analysis and spreadsheet applications. Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.